I can’t quite believe it. Maybe I’m still in shock that all of this is actually coming true, or maybe I’m still in working-mode and the reality of it hasn’t quite hit me yet.
I wonder if it will ever stop feeling so surreal…
Yesterday was the launch party where I got to celebrate a year of hard work and overcoming with loved ones and friends at a backyard picnic in the style of 1979 . Today, my very first book has been published and listed for purchase on Amazon and Smashwords, with availability pending on other venues.
My first book. My book. My words. A story I’ve imagined, a tale that I’ve spun, a world that I’ve imagined put to paper and set to be read…It’s so crazy for me to think that for all of the books I’ve read and loved and cherished, all those authors I’ve admired and emulated, I might finally be among them.
I’m such a mixed bag of emotions right now — thrilled and excited that a dream has been realized; humbled by all of the love and support I’ve felt this past year and, especially, these last few days; anxious at the reception; and, finally, eager for what’s to come next.
Because dreams don’t end, do they?
They only seem to grow once you realize that anything is possible.
* * * * *
“Maybe everything is gold if you just look at it the right way…”
There’s lots of exciting happenings to go along with the book:
- The book is now available via Amazon (print) and Smashwords (digital). Keep an eye out these next few weeks as we release the Barnes and Noble Nook, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and iTunes digital editions.
- The Gold in the Days of Summer: A Novella website is (finally) up and running! I’m especially excited for this, as it’s the place for everything related to Annie and the book. Check out the blog, read the press-release, discover cool new features surrounding the book and Annie’s world, and find Annie’s social media networks all in one place! Thanks to Andrew Brown of Design For Writers for a beautiful website and the brilliant cover that captures the very essence of Annie’s story.
- Not only have I been hard at work getting ready to publish Gold in the Days of Summer, but I’ve been building a business alongside of it! Brown Beagle Books, my publishing company behind the book, is also home to my new writing and self-publishing development services. Stay tuned to find out more about these services and how my experiences in writing, self-publishing, campaign fundraising, and marketing can better serve your writing goals.
So what else is to come?
Believe it or not, I’m already at work on the next phase of things when it comes to the creative life.
– Along with the new business, I’ll be continuing Annie’s story throughout the fall and into the new year with a free five-chapter prequel to Gold in the Days of Summer and a Limited Edition print book that include a few extra surprises I’ve got up my sleeve.
– In the spring, I’ll be releasing a collection of essays based on this very blog, including stories belonging to work, love, memory, life, and Lyme Disease as I wind down this website. For the past five years, twenty(or)something has been my home, offering me an emotional outlet and helping me to form a community of the nicest, smartest, and most generous people I’ve ever had the privilege of meeting. But as of September, I’ll no longer be twenty(or)something, and it very much feels like a new stage of my life is set to begin.
This blog itself and you, as readers and friends, have taught me more about myself and life than I could ever have imagined, and I’m grateful for all of it. But don’t go just yet! There’s still a little bit of catharsis needed here, and a lot more to share.
– There’s even more to come as we look further down the road…Reach out on social media or keep in touch via one of the websites below:
Susan Pogorzelski [dot] com | Coming Soon!
Brown Beagle Books | Coming Soon!
Gold in the Days of Summer | Now Available!
See you soon!