Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/twentyor/public_html/wp-content/plugins/topsy/topsy.php on line 1200
Video: Time To Make My Way β€” twenty(or)something: the archives

Video: Time To Make My Way

by Susan Pogorzelski on January 3, 2010 · 11 comments

It’s time to make my way
Into the world I knew…

3 Doors Down, “Let Me Be Myself”

Below is my first (and quite possibly my last, unless I can get Riley in on this gig because, really, who can resist a cute puppy?) video blog post to welcome in the new year. I promised myself that I would quit hiding this year, that I would go out and embrace the world and everything it has to offer. I promised myself that I wouldn’t be ashamed of who I am or what I feel — including how much I feel. And I promised myself that I would take steps to get out there, take risks, and live and love.

Susan 2010 from 20orsomething on Vimeo.

The Josh January 3, 2010

A beautiful first step, sweetheart. I’m so proud of you for looking forward and not letting fear drag you down. You’ve grown up so much.

Anna January 3, 2010

How wonderful! I’m so proud of you for taking this first step to pulling the curtain back and stepping into the New Year strong. Here’s to a fantastic 2010 for you!

Brianne January 4, 2010

I can’t watch your video because I’m at work but I just wanted to say that I’m right there with you. We need to live our lives right now without fear because they matter and we only get one. *Cheers*

Grace Boyle January 4, 2010

Do MORE video blog posts! You’re eloquent and it was so nice to see your face and hear your voice. I’m looking forward to 2010 as well. It’s great to see how far everyone has come and that the future offers even more. Thank YOU πŸ™‚

Beth January 5, 2010

I totally agree with Grace – I loved watching you in this video post and it made me really want to meet you even more!!
One day we will connect in real time. But yes I really agree – that blogging is about the community and how you relate to others πŸ™‚
Amazingness. Keep it up πŸ™‚

Susan Pogorzelski - admin January 6, 2010

Josh: I owe you so much, for everything. Except for your suggestions for blog titles. That was no help at all. πŸ™‚ I love you like an up-down merry-go-round.

Anna: Thanks for sticking around this whole time! You were one of my first and favorite connections in social media, and I always love our conversations (which reminds me, we need to catch up again!). Thanks for all of your support and practical perspectives — you have no idea how much that — and you — have meant to me. Here’s hoping for a great 2010 for us both!

Susan Pogorzelski - admin January 6, 2010

Brianne: Unfortunately, I’ve reached the conclusion that life doesn’t automatically change at the stroke of midnight, that it’s something you have to work towards. And yet, with every single day, we are working towards it…Maybe we can work towards it together. Thanks for being here, Brianne, thanks for sharing a bit of your own self, and thanks for the well wishes. Cheers to you!

Susan Pogorzelski January 6, 2010

Grace: Thanks so much for the comment! After hiding behind words for awhile, I was a bit nervous to come out from behind the curtain, so to speak. We’ll see where the new year takes us. When you put everything into perspective, in terms of a year, or even of a decade, it’s amazing to see how much you’ve accomplished, how much you’ve grown. Here’s hoping that never stops. It’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know you, Grace — looking forward to learning more from you, as always πŸ™‚

Susan Pogorzelski - admin January 6, 2010

Beth: I can’t wait to meet you — I love meeting bloggers! But we really need to get tried and true conversation going one of these days; I’ve been looking forward to that for awhile now, we seem to keep missing each other! πŸ™‚ This community has been incredible in so many ways — by being open and supportive and welcoming and accepting, by sharing their own ideas and opinions, by showing you what it’s like to connect and relate to another human being…It’s a beautiful thing, it really is, and has been one of the greatest surprise joys.

I’m looking forward to deepening those relationships and making new connections because I really do believe that this is the part that really matters in the end.

So great to have met you, Beth; I can’t wait to connect further.

Cheila January 6, 2010

I have to agree with the majority, do more Vblogs!!

I believe in you. I know you can accomplish anything you want. Sometimes, we just need a little shove to take the next step. And if I have to be the one pushing you, well so be it. Every post you write, every little tweet on twitter has confirmed more that the Universe has put you in this community (and in my path πŸ™‚ ) for a reason. Even though you might think Im wrong or incoherent, I know for sure, without a doubt your bigger than your body gives you credit for. Like the recent tweet you tweeted….I BELIEVE IN YOU!

xox- cheila